Thursday, February 4, 2010

WoW-and-go-Seek

2007, Age 25

Okay, sometimes in World of Warcraft, I like to play hide and seek with friends, okay? LEAVE ME ALONE. It's really quite fun. There are a few house rules: you have to turn off visible player names, no stealthing, no tracking, no /target…but beyond that it's just regular hide and seek, except in WoW.

It even elicits similar effects of normal hide in seek, in that you find the perfect hiding space, then get all giggly and excited while you wait, then goddammit, you have to pee. I love to see what clever hiding places I can find in the virtual world...of warcraft.

I have at least one friend who is horribly embarrassed that I play this. "You're not advancing the game!" he fusses, "it's just a huge time sink!" Oh, yeah, like WoW itself isn't just a huge time sink? Hmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment